Browse and attend our free estate planning workshops.

Our Practice Areas

  • Medicaid Planning Attorney
  • Veterans Benefits Attorney
  • Estate Planning Attorney
  • Probate Attorney
  • Trust/Special Needs Trust
  • Power of Attorney
  • Advance Directives
  • Caregiver Agreeements
  • Wills

Veterans Benefits

Applying for veterans benefits can be a lengthy process (sometimes taking upwards of 12 months), and all required paperwork must be carefully assembled and filled out correctly in order to expedite the process as much as possible. If you’re moving into an assisted care facility, you might not be able to wait that long to get your benefits because you need to pay your nursing home expenses now. This need to streamline the application process is why so many veterans have chosen to work with The Law Offices of Aviv Bliwas for their Veterans Benefits.

If you’re a veteran, contact our law-firm to see our team can help you get the full benefits you’re entitled to. Aviv Bliwas is licensed to practice before the Veterans Administration and has handled many Veterans Benefits cases, making her a great choice for any veteran or surviving spouse who needs help navigating the Veterans Benefits application process.

What is Aid and Attendance Improved Pension?

The Aid and Attendance Improved Pension is designed to assist elderly veterans and their spouses who can no longer care for themselves by providing up to $1,732 per month for a veteran and $2,054 per month for a couple. The primary qualification for Aid and Attendance Improved Pension is being a veteran who served at least 90 days of active duty during a period of war, or being the surviving spouse of a veteran. There are also certain medical and financial qualifications. If a veteran or veteran’s surviving spouse needs assistance to perform daily tasks, such as eating and dressing, they meet the medical qualifications for veterans benefits. If they live in a long-term care facility, they will generally meet the requirements as well.

The veteran or surviving spouse must also have less than $80,000 in assets, excluding their home and any vehicles. To prove their eligibility, they must fill out an application and include documents such as a medical evaluation from their doctor, net income, and a record of out-of-pocket medical expenses. A veterans benefits lawyer can help you assemble all the necessary documents and look over your application. The Pennsylvania law firm of Aviv Bliwas has the legal knowledge and resources necessary to help you with this sometimes complicated process.

Get the Pension you deserve!

If you’re a war-time veteran with at least 90 days of active service, you should sit down with a veterans benefits lawyer to see if you qualify for the Aid and Attendance Improved Pension. The Pennsylvania law firm of Aviv Bliwas is experienced with this kind of case and will represent you to make sure that you get the full pension that you deserve as a veteran.

With over 40+ raving reviews, you won’t be disappointed.